NOW YOU ARE READY TO START EXPLORING THESE CAREERS IN GREATER DETAIL
- Further research the occupation(s) you have identified and determine what skills, education, and experience are required.
- Ask yourself questions, such as does this occupation really appeal to me? How well does it fit with my interests and values? What skills are important for the occupation?
- Identify what high school courses you have taken so far and could take to prepare you for selected occupations.
- When possible, look at related careers, especially those that involve different education or training requirements.
- Talk with your parents, teachers, neighbors, guidance counselor, and other people in the working world about your options.
- "Try out" occupations by volunteering or serving as an apprentice or intern.
- Interview individuals within occupations of interest.
Use the Career Planning Tools that the ASVAB Career Exploration Program provides to help you take a next step.