- This website is provided as a public service by the U.S. Department of Defense, Defense Manpower Data Center.
- Information presented on this website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. The host computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- FYI results are stored anonymously on this site. When a student enters an Access Code, the site creates a profile based on that Access Code. When a student takes the FYI, the results are stored with the student’s profile. When the student chooses a preferred set of interests, those interests are also stored with the student’s profile. This information is stored for the student’s convenience and to enhance the student’s ability to explore careers. The Access Code and profile are never related to any personally identifiable information. Aggregate usage statistics may be reported from the data to help improve the site's usefulness in the future.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the host computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us at ASVAB@osd.pentagon.mil.
- Cookie Disclaimer - this website does not use persistent cookies (persistent tokens that pass information back and forth from the client machine to the server). This website may use session cookies (tokens that remain active only until you close your browser) in order to make the site easier to use. The Department of Defense DOES NOT keep a database of information obtained from these cookies.